Wondering about the best apps to learn about cars? Well, there are lots of them designed to quench your thirst. The different applications will give you an understanding of the car’s components, how to drive, how to point out faults in a car, and even how to repair them.
Here are some of the popular apps to learn about cars;
Torque is a car diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU. It helps you see what your car is doing in real-time, get OBD fault codes, car performance, and sensor data.
- Advertisement -
- Dynamometer, horsepower, and torque
- Can read transmission temperatures
- 0-60 speed timings
- customizable dashboard and profiles
- Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay – a black box for your car!
- Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to Twitter
- Massive fault code database for lookup
- Heads up display / HUD mode for nighttime driving
- Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors
- Alarms and warnings
- Car dock support
- Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard
- The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work.
Want to do a course on automotive repair just from home? Well, this is the app for you.
This app will help you start a path to the Automotive Repair Industry and give you the knowledge to begin repairs on your own personal vehicle.
- Safety and tools
- The engine
- The battery, charging, and starting system
- The Rear Differential, Axle, and Driveshaft
- Braking system
- Cooling system
- The carburetor
Probably this is one of the best apps to learn about cars. You just ask Youtube what you want to know and tons of videos pop up. The videos take you step-by-step like a one-on-one tutor and you can make it repeat itself until you’ve sunk the concept in.
This is a complete car maintenance app and the best fuel and mileage tracker application for android users. It is simple, effective, and easy to use.
Consecutively, it serves as your vehicle’s maintenance log by keeping track of fuel economy, gas mileage, car services, repairs, expenses, and service reminders
With this application you can;
- Add fill-ups and manage your fuel log or gas log.
- Track services and monitor your vehicle maintenance log.
- Add expenses and track your car expense log.
- Capture trips and manage your personal and business trip log.
- Automatically track your tax-deductible mileage.
- Sync data between multiple devices and drivers.
- Capture and upload receipts at the time of fill-ups or later.
- Set car service reminders.
- Track your fuel consumption and vehicle expenses
- Manage your vehicle maintenance.
Learn Driving is an educational app that will help you to know about driving a car. You will know a lot of driving tips and tricks with pictures. It is so easy to learn driving because this app contains step-by-step driving tutorials. In addition, the application will help you to know some basic driving rules that you should know before driving.
- How to drive a car
- Step by step tutorials with pictures (from engine starting to car parking)
- Basic traffic rules
- Basic car controls
- Driving tips and tricks
The understanding of basic theory correctly gives you a foundation for learning the driving.
If you follow this application basic rules and go on the road, then quickly you will figure out that driving is a really easy and enjoyable task, if you have planned it.
This is a game application that brings you the ultimate driving simulator, in which you have to drive a car and follow all the road signs. Don’t take the wrong turns, follow the signals, wear the seat belt – it’s your best shot at becoming a perfect driver.
- 80+ road signs
- 150 levels to play, including the Grand Tests, Night Driving, and Challenges
- Free Drive to earn extra coins
- 3 different camera views
- Realistic driving mechanics
- 135+ different cars to drive
Map Factor GPS Navigation
This is a free GPS navigation app with free offline maps from OpenStreetMaps.
- voice navigation in different languages
- overview of the upcoming maneuver and distance shown on the screen
- free offline maps with postcodes
- points of interest
- speed limit and camera warnings
- 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual maps to display
- day/night map mode
- routing modes for car, bus, truck, pedestrian, bicycle
- route avoidance – block off a certain road from your route
- Alternative routes
- No ads
- App color themes
- Live HD Traffic information (selected countries)
Car Problems and Repairs
This is a very informative app for diagnosing and repairing vehicle problems. In addition, the application tells all about your vehicle from its parts to maintenance and repairs, irrespective of the type of vehicle.
Car Problems & Repairs will help you save money and fix your car yourself. It is the ideal companion for expert mechanics advice and vehicle information to narrow down problems and proffer solutions to all your vehicle issues.
All these are apps to learn about cars; their components, how to drive, vehicle maintenance and repair and many more. All you need is the curiosity to learn and a great app!