Are you looking for a computer science salary in Kenya? Well, let’s go through the different jobs, requirements, and salaries for you as a computer science graduate.
Computer science is the study of processes that interact with data and that can be represented as data in the form of programs.
It enables the use of algorithms to manipulate, store, and communicate digital information. A computer scientist studies theory of computation and the practice of designing software systems.
Computer Science Jobs
- Advertisement -
As a computer scientist, you will be assigned to different responsibilities depending on your personal skills, values, and interests.
Here are different jobs you can do as a software engineer:
- Software developer – Software developer is the creative mind behind computer programs. Some develop applications that allow people to do specific tasks on a computer or another device. Others develop the underlying systems that run the devices or that control networks.
- Database administrator – Database administrators use specialized software to store and organize data. The role may include capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Computer hardware engineer – Computer hardware engineers research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, networks, and routers.
- Computer systems analyst – Computer systems analysts study an organization’s current computer systems and procedures and design information systems solutions to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Computer network architect – A computer network architect designs and builds data communication networks.
- Web developer – A web developer specializes in, or is specifically engaged in the development of World Wide Web applications using a client-server model.
- Information security analyst – An information security analyst takes measures to protect a company’s sensitive and mission-critical data, staying one step ahead of cyber attackers.
- Computer and Information Research Scientists – A computer and information research scientist uses the collective knowledge of the field of computer science to solve existing problems and devise solutions to complex situations.
- Computer and Information Systems Manager – The computer information systems manager is responsible for administering and implementing all computer-related technologies, including network security, internet operations, and software upgrades
- IT project manager – An IT project manager is charged with overseeing the process of planning, executing and delegating responsibilities around an organization’s information technology (IT) pursuits and goals.
Computer Scientist Tasks
As a computer scientist, there are certain responsibilities you are supposed to undertake in that role;
- Generate research ideas and solutions to complex computer science problems.
- Writes articles for publication.
- Plan, coordinate and execute research objectives.
- Conducting research support on problems of diverse scope and execute research projects.
- Developing new products or solve practical computing problems.
Computer Science salary in Kenya
Although it will depend on the company you’re working for, computer science is one of the top-paying courses in Kenya because of the high demand of computer scientists.
Computer science salary degree holders in Kenya for fresh graduates is around Ksh. 70, 000 depending on the company you’re working for and your area of specialization.
Best employers for Computer Science graduates in Kenya
Here are the top-paying companies you can work for as a computer scientist in Kenya:
- Airtel Kenya
- Cisco Systems
- Communication Authority of Kenya
- ESRI Eastern Africa
- Google Kenya
- Sage Group
- Sameer Group