10 Best Distraction Blocking Apps
Getting distracted every time you are set to working? Distraction blocking apps are probably what you need to help you do something constructive.
The apps will help you focus on what you are working on without getting distracted by social media pop-ups and will help you control your desire to surf the internet. Don’t let distractions steal your time from what is important.
Here are examples of distraction blocking apps;
Self Control App
This is a free open source application for Mac OS and one of the most popular distraction blocking apps. It enables you to block your own access to distracting websites, mail servers or anything else on the email for up to 24 hours. Just mark all the sites you want blocked and set the period of time you want them to be blocked for. You can then dive into what you want to do and the alarm will go off when the timer expires. Until then, you will be unable to access the blocked sites even if you reboot your computer or delete the application.
This app will really rid you of distractions.
This is another antidote for distractions. It enables you to block time-wasting apps and websites so you can stay engaged and be productive in what you are doing. Simply select the apps and websites you want to block, and start a Freedom session. If you try to open a blocked app or website during the session, Freedom prevents it from opening.
With freedom, there’s no limit to the number of devices you can connect (including Mac, Windows, and iOS) so you can block distractions regardless of where you are or what you’re doing. You’ll stay focused, productive, and blissfully distraction-free.
You can schedule Freedom to run at specific days and time, this will help you avoid distractions when you are most vulnerable and build new habits.
This an application that provides you with music designed for the brain to improve focus and relaxation.
- Improves focus, relaxation, meditation or sleep within 15 minutes.
- It offers music designed for the brain, a combination of auditory neuroscience with music.
- Music is generated by an AI we’ve built from the ground up.
- Free access to brain.fm for the first 10 sessions.
- You can download sessions for offline use.
The Anti-social application besides helping you block apps that distract you, it also helps you compare your phone usage to other peoples. With the app, you will be able to tell whether you use your phone more or less than everyone else.
- Benchmarks your cell phone usage against all other users.
- Works on the background even when your phone is locked.
- Least impact on battery life and data.
- Simple and easy to understand regular reports.
- Most accurate data.
- User-friendly interface.
- Comprehensive customer support.
- Completely ad-free
This is another distraction blocking app that will help you focus on your work or even simply have some peace of mind.
With OffTime application you can;
- Block calls, texts, and notifications
- Send out custom auto-replies
- Get a comprehensive list of missed phone activity
- Restrict access to apps and internet
- Limit phone usage
- Track phone and app usage, get analytics and compare yourself with others
- Use reminders that alarm on excessive usage
With AppDetox, you get more social time for your life and by blocking apps, it makes sure you spend less time on your phone.
It helps you calm down your mobile app usage, and take a digital detox. You are able to set your own rules for your apps to detox from some heavy usage and every time you violate one of your own rules, AppDetox will remind you to take a break and stop your heavy app usage.
AppDetox is also the best application for parental control for kids’ screen time.
Focus Writer app is designed for you as a writer, to free you of the distractions of complex word processing applications. In fullscreen mode, there are no toolbars of windows, just a background, and your text – so it can help people writing who need to concentrate.
- Find tool. You can for a word in your text and replace it.
- Themes button. It allows you to create custom themes, with your own background and font.
- Auto-save. It will be saving your work as you write.
- Daily goals. You can set your goals for the day by time or number of words, which can be very helpful to professional writers.
This is the perfect app for writing notes, novels, lyrics, poems, essay and helps you create a quiet atmosphere on your computer, perfect for writing without distractions.
Stay Focused is self-control, productivity, and app usage tracker app which improves your focus by restricting the usage of blocked apps. In addition, it controls your overall phone usage based on; daily usage limit, hourly usage limit, limit in the number of launches in specified time intervals and limit on a number of phone screen unlocks.
Stay Focused app helps you;
- focus on your work/studies
- increase study time
- spend quality time with loved ones
- increase productivity and concentration
- reduce mobile phone usage and control phone addiction
- block distracting apps
- improve self-control
- keep track of your usage history
- track time spent on different apps over time
- Restricts you from changing the settings until the next day
- Requires a password to change settings
- Sets limit on your overall phone usage(digital detox)
This is an outstanding time-management app that will provide you with intelligent insights on how to spend your days. It is an automatic productivity and time tracker that will help you understand and control the time spent on your android device.
- Invisible productivity and app-usage tracking for your full digital life
- Set screen time goals and control your phone usage
- Keep all your daily goals front and center to help build better habits
- Automatically go into a do-not-disturb mode during FocusTime sessions
The great features make Rescue Time one of the best distraction blocking apps worldwide.
With FocusMe you can block or time limit apps and websites and also see how much time you spend on your apps and how many times you start them.
You may choose to;
- just block
- limit per hour/per day usage
- limit launches per day
- maximize time use per launch
- break between launches
All these are distraction blocking apps that are set to help you focus on your work or studies and help you increase your productivity. So, no need to get carried away by social media or other distracting sites while you could put your energy to other productive things like work or studies.
You can also even choose to spend quality time with your loved ones or even give your date some undivided attention!