How to Cook Managu the Best Way
If you are looking for the best-delicious way on how to cook managu, you are at the right place. Managu is the most delicious traditional African vegetable that has plenty of iron. It is eaten together with ugali and other staple dishes. It has a bitter taste.
- The bunches of Managu
- Cooking oil
- One cup of boiled milk
- One onion
- One clove garlic
- One large tomato
- Cut Managu leaves from the stem and wash them.
- Place the managu leaves in a sufuria and a jug of water. Now, boil under low fire.
- Slice the onion and the garlic.
- Fry the onion for a minute and then add the garlic. Now fry for two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they are cooked.
- Add Managu now and simmer for several minutes.
- Add milk to the cooked delicious managu and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve with Ugali or any other staple dish.
Managu Health Benefits
Managu contains the following minerals that are important in your body
- 1.4g fiber
- 87.2 water
- 4.3g protein
- 5.7g carbohydrates
- 1.0 mg iron
- 442mg calcium
- 20mg ascorbic acid
- 75mg phosphorus
- 0.59mg riboflavin
Managu also contains high levels of vitamin A, B, and C as well as phenolics and alkaloids. A meal having managu is highly recommended for pregnant women. Did you liked our recipe on how to cook Managu? Please share.