how to get dried blood out of a mattress
Looking for ways on how to get dried blood out of a mattress? Well, dry blood stains can be quite a bother especially if they are on your mattress.
But worry no more. There quite a number of ways to get rid of dried blood on your mattress.
How to get dried blood out of a mattress
This is the simplest way to clean a bloodstain on fabric though it works best for new and small stains.
Moisten the stained area with cold water then use a dry cloth to dab the area so as to absorb the moisture. Do not rub the cloth against the stain as it will only make it spread or go deeper into the mattress.
Repeat the process frequently until the stain is no more.
Hydrogen peroxide is another solution for that stain that might be stressing you out.
- Apply some amount of Hydrogen Peroxide on the stained area to enough to moisten it.
- Keep the area moistened for about half an hour.
- Dab the area with a dry cloth to absorb the moisture.
- You will see the bloodstain has faded out.
- Use a damp cloth and rub it on the area to clean it.
- After cleaning use a dry cloth then to dry the area.
Baking soda is also another way to get dried blood out of your mattress. The solution is homemade therefore safe, cheap and easy to use.
- Make a baking soda paste.
- Moisten the stain with a damp cloth then apply the paste.
- Let it stay for about 30 minutes then clean using a wet cloth.
- Use a dry towel to absorb the moisture and dry the area.
This is another easy and cheap way to clean the bloodstain on your mattress.
- Moisten the stained area with a damp cloth.
- Cover the area with salt and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Clean it off with a wet cloth then dry the area with a dry towel.
- For sheets and other fabrics, you can soak them in cold salt water for an hour then clean them in warm water and laundry soap.
Meat tenderizer powder is another remedy for bloodstains. Meat tenderizer has enzymes that break down protein at a molecular level.
- Make a paste of the meat tenderizer and water.
- Apply it on the stained area and let it sit for about 15-30 minutes.
- Clean the paste off with a damp cloth then dry the area off.
Vinegar is also a number one go-to remedy for bloodstains. It allows you to clean up your mattress and still leave it quality.
- Mix ¼ cup white vinegar and ¾ cup water together
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the aerosol
- Spray vinegar solution on dry blood stains and let stand for 30 minutes
- Use a dry towel to absorb moisture until the mattress is really dry
Ammonia is a blemish-busting solution known for removing grease and other tough stains. Probably a bloodstain ain’t a big deal for ammonia. Here’s one technique you can use to remove a blood stain using Ammonia:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ammonia with 1/2 cup of cold water
- Pour Ammonia solution into a spray and spray the stain then let it stay for about 10 minutes
- Use a dry cloth to then absorb the moisture.
- Clean the area with a damp cloth.
- Then dry it with a dry towel
These are different ways to get rid of the bloodstain that is stressing you out. No worries now, you just go for what is convenient for you.
Don’t let ugly bloodstains stand in the way of you and cleanliness. Use one of the above and give them a blow.