How to get rid of fruit flies with white vinegar? If that’s your question, then sit back and let me walk you through on how easy you can get rid of the flies with white vinegar.
If you have noticed them in your house, fruit flies are small flies you will see flying around the house. As the name intones, these flies are normally attracted to fruits especially the ripe ones and also vegetables.
These flies can be quite a nag and immediately you notice them you will be looking for a way to get rid of them. Well, there are quite a number of ways you can get rid of the fruit flies but first let’s see if white vinegar can do the magic.
How to get rid of fruit flies with white vinegar
As you also know, fruit flies are also called vinegar flies. This is because fruit flies are very much attracted to vinegar or rather its scent. This can serve as bait to get rid of these pestering flies.
- Advertisement -
For white vinegar, you can make a trap in which the fruit flies will come diving right into it.
- Get a jar or a glass and pour some amount of white vinegar into it.
- Get a plastic wrap and make some holes on it then cover the jar with it.
- You can use rubber bands to seal the edges and keep the plastic wrap in place.
- Add a few drops of dish soap to the white vinegar which will help keep the flies stuck and not able to crawl out.
- The fruit flies will be attracted to the white vinegar scent and crawl into the jar but won’t be able to get out once they’re inside.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar in place for white vinegar and use the same procedure. Also, you could try with pieces of fruits, for example, bananas for the same procedure.
Besides white vinegar, there are also other ways to get rid of fruit flies in the kitchen or in your house. Below is another way on how to get rid of fruit flies naturally;
Getting rid of breeding places
- Keep your dishes clean; dirty dishes also attract fruit flies, therefore, making sure your dishes are cleaned soon after they are used could also help rid fruit flies.
- Avoid having damp clothes; making sure there are no damp clothes in the house will give fruit flies no room for breeding.
- Don’t keep fruits and veggies on the counter; Avoid keeping fruits and vegetables on the counter as they attract the fruit flies. You can put the ripe fruits in the refrigerator and the unripe ones into paper bags.
- Check the rotten things regularly; make sure you do a routine check on your items regularly and empty the bins to avoid fruit flies breeding in them.
- Wash groceries after buying them; make sure you wash your fruits and groceries immediately after buying them from the grocery store. They could have a sticky substance on them which may attract fruit flies.
We have looked at how to get rid of fruit flies with white vinegar and also a few measures you can undertake to prevent fruit flies from breeding in your house.
Don’t let the pestering flies be an issue to you any longer!