How to Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs Without Destroying Egg
Are you looking at how to peel hard-boiled eggs without destroying egg?
Well. there is nothing that might seem tricky in the kitchen than peeling a hard-boiled egg. You will find yourself consuming so much time trying to peel the egg with care so as not to rip off more than the shell.
Lucky for you, I am giving you a technique to use while peeling the egg to make it easy and ensure that you don’t end up spoiling the egg and also a complete procedure on how to boil eggs.
Importance of hard-boiled eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are of great help to you and your health. They are rich in healthy calories and nutrient which are of help to your body.
- Eggs are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that support healthy eyesight.
- Vitamin D which will promote your bone health and immune function.
- Choline which boosts the metabolism and helps with fetal brain development.
- Eggs also contain proteins that help to build and repair tissues and also make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals.
- Also as they are a high-protein diet, they enhance metabolism through a process called the thermic effect of food.
How to peel hard-boiled eggs without destroying egg
- When boiling the egg, put them in the water when it’s boiling rather than when it’s warming up, this helps loosen up the shell enabling you to easily peel it up by hand later.
- You can also decide to steam the eggs by letting your water boil then bringing your steamer basket with eggs into the pot. This loosens the egg membrane making it easier to peel.
- For boiling, give the eggs 6-7 minutes before removing them from the water and steaming, around 20 minutes.
- After removing the eggs, dip them into cold water. The cold water helps the egg’s white to contract which will, in turn, make it easier for you to peel. Give the eggs around 15 minutes to cool.
- To peel, gently tap the egg at the big end first, then the small end, then all around.
- Avoid rolling the egg around as it’s easy to break the white when you do.
- When you tap all around the egg, it becomes easier for you to peel.
Egg burst while boiling?
You might also find in the process of boiling eggs, that an egg bursts open. The reason eggs burst open while boiling is because of the difference in temperature of the egg and the water.
To avoid eggs bursting on you, after removing them from the refrigerator dip them into cold water before boiling. Then after putting the eggs into boiling water, reduce the temperature from the source of heat.
If the egg doesn’t burst, you might find the white leaking. It’s also caused by the temperature difference.
The above is a whole procedure of how to boil eggs and how to peel hard-boiled eggs without destroying the egg. Also, you’ve seen the importance of hard-boiled eggs and the reason why an egg bursts while boiling.
I hope all that has added you something new that you didn’t know about and you’re more than ready to prepare the best hard-boiled eggs and peel them with much ease.