Looking for the best careers in Kenya?
Well, this I guess is the most difficult part of a career path of having to decide among a variety of choices, which career you want to chase.
Say you’ve just completed your high school or you’re thinking of switching gears to a different career, you will oftentimes find yourself at crossroads, undecided about which path to follow.
Before you fully decide on the path you’re going to follow, here are some steps you should go over;
- Assess yourself – before choosing the career path you want to take, assess yourself first. Know your personality, passions, values, talent, etc. This will help you discover the different occupations that are fit for you.
- List down occupations to explore – After assessing yourself, put down a list of occupations you feel are right for you and you need to explore.
- Explore the occupations – Now research the occupations you already listed down to know basic information about them that will help you narrow down your list.
- Create a shorter list – Now you have more information, start to narrow down your list even further doing away with what doesn’t suit you.
- Do informational interviews – With the now few options left, do informational interviews to get more in-depth information about them. You can look for people specializing in occupations that are guaranteed to help you make a wise decision.
- Make your career choice – Finally, after doing all your research, you are probably ready to make your choice. Pick the occupation that you think will bring you the most satisfaction based on all the information you have gathered.
- Identify your goals – Once you make a decision, identify your long- and short-term goals. This helps to chart a course toward eventually landing work in your chosen field.
- Write a career action plan – Put together a career action plan, a written document that lays out all the steps you will have to take to reach your goals. Think of it as a road map that will take you from point A to B, then to C and D.
Best careers in Kenya
Computer science (sometimes called computation science) is the study of processes that interact with data and that can be represented as data in the form of programs.
If you are passionate about computer systems, web designs, information security, etc, this is one of the best careers in Kenya you could choose to take.
The job also has a hefty salary, making it a career you want to start thinking of chasing.
Kenya and the world will always need doctors making medicine one of the most marketable careers in Kenya.
However, you will have to put in the effort and up to 6 years to earn that degree. But what is 6 years compared to a lifetime worthwhile career?
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings or any other structures.
The real estate sector in Kenya is growing every other minute. As a result, it requires more professionals to support the growth.
Film and Animation
The basics of this career include; camera operation, screenwriting, directing, sound designs, film editing, cinematography, commercial production, 3D design, video development, as well as media ethics.
The Kenyan film industry is rapidly growing as more people venture into this business. This, therefore, means that there will be a need for digital animators, film directors, filmmakers as well as producers making this one of the best careers in Kenya.
Computer Security & Forensics
There has been a high demand for forensic investigators and cybersecurity specialists in Kenya, especially on the finance sector.
With such high demand, you are guaranteed to get a job any time and also a hefty pay. Isn’t this a career path you want to take?
Those are some of the best careers in Kenya you can pursue. Here are extra others you might want to check out;
- Actuarial Science
- Business (Finance, Economics, Procurement)
- Economics and Statistics