This is the time to know who is the next president of Kenya through this opinion poll. The competition this year will be between Raila Amolo Odinga and William Ruto.
Raila Odinga is making his fifth bid for Kenya’s presidency in this year’s election.
Since independence in 1963, the Kenyatta, Moi, and Odinga families have dominated Kenyan politics and will continue through Raila Odinga’s presidency. However, Kenya has been led by presidents who belong to either the Kalenjin community like Ruto or the Kikuyu like Uhuru.
Here are the reasons why Azimio affiliated parties are supporting Raila;
- He will be the second liberator
- He is the only leader who can compete with William Ruto
- He is Mature
- He is a champion of devolution
- He is a consensus builder
- He is a defender of the constitution
- Recognized world leader.
- He understands government operations
- He will defend fellow politicians
- Fighter of the people
On the other hand, Kenyans love a fighter and Ruto is. Ruto’s presidential bid, which has been trashed by Raila and Uhuru, garnered momentum in 2021 following the launching of the UDA, United Democratic Alliance.
In contrast, the likes of Kalonzo Musyoka are never known for a fight, they always want to be endorsed. Today, Ruto is the only fighter among political bigwigs in Kenya.
According to Hon Rigathi Gachagua, here are 10 reasons why William Ruto has a chance of becoming the fifth President
- 1. Uhuru’s betrayal to Kenyans
- 2. Ruto’s stand anoutBBI
- 3. Raila betrayal of supporters through handshake
- 4. Corruption allegations
- 5. The hustler nation
- 6. Not another Kikuyu
- 7. Close to God and Church
- 8. He started campaigning early
- 9. Death of Jubilee Party
- 10. Incumbent advantage
Who is the next president of Kenya?